My friend totally called me out the other day. He said that half the time I talk about how much I want to get married and have kids. Which I TOTALLY do.
The other half of the time I talk about how nice it is to be single and how I've really started to like being single and find it hard to imagine ever dating again.
So which is it?
Both.
First of all, it depends who I have been talking to and hanging around with that day. If I am around my happily married friends and family it really triggers that biological clock. When I am around people who aren't overly happy in their marriages, I feel pretty happy to be single. I don't have to put up with anybody else's mood swings and attitudes. I can do exactly what I want, when I want. That's sort of heavenly.
But I do want kids. Which means that I do have to start dating again at some point. But I want my married readers to think about what if (heaven forbid!) they got divorced and had to start all over again.
Are you thinking about that?? It's daunting! Just the idea of finding someone new and having to learn all their quirks and faults and share with them all of your quirks and faults. Why, that just sounds exhausting!
Which is where hormones and falling in love come in.
When you find someone that you really like something takes place in your brain and suddenly the idea of getting to know all about someone and sharing everything with someone seems fun and exciting instead of exhausting.
But until you meet that someone and start falling for them, it just sounds like work. You want me to email someone three times a day? I don't have time for that! Unless, of course, he has a great smile and amazing biceps and then suddenly it's no problem!
And this is why I seem so wishy-washy.
Friday, August 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I seriously don't envy having to work to a familiar stage in a relationship again...but then again, it was a hell of a lot of fun when I was doing it.
ReplyDeleteMaybe I understand wishy washy too...
OHHHH I could go on and on about this!!!!!! We need a forum for discussion about relationships/marriage!
ReplyDelete