Sunday, August 8, 2010

don't read this

I am warning you now, you don't want to read this post.

Trust me, you don't.

You are still reading? Well, don't say I didn't warn you...

We have some visitors in town, staying with us for a few days. Alan is an opthamologist. He is also in the Air Force reserves and has served some time overseas.

We were talking about some of the "interesting" things he has seen.

Again, stop reading this, you don't want to know about this...

When he was in Saudi Arabia they had a bit of a problem with Sheep Bot Flies.

Do you want to know what sheep bot flies do?

You don't.

I wish I didn't know.

They fly into your eye and deposit their larvae!

And then Alan has to take his tweezers and a big magnifying glass and individually remove all of the little larvae from your eyes!

I was going to post a picture of this but it grossed me out so much that I couldn't do it.

I told you that you didn't want to know. Yeck!

2 comments:

  1. Is it wrong then that I'm slightly fascinated by this? It's gross, but ...interesting. Why do they pick an eye and how smart those little buggers are to know an EYE when they see one!
    My niece once had worms. Her butt itched so she scratched it, and probably dug a little bit and pulled out her finger and there was a worm. My sister almost died when she went to show her.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that is so disgusting. I would freak. I mean, seriously freak if that happened to me or someone that I was living with.

    And the bugs will also go for the nostrils of animals, but with the soldiers the problem was with the eye. They are clever little suckers.

    ReplyDelete