There are certain phrases that you should never begin a conversation with, such as "Don't take this the wrong way..." or "I don't mean to be rude but..."
Yesterday a woman sitting behind me on the el tapped me on the shoulder.
I turned around and she said, "Excuse me, can I tell you something? But I don't want you to be insulted..."
Oh brother! How can that sentence lead to anything good?
But my curiosity got the better of me so I said, "Sure."
And she responds, "The Lord loves you very much. He knows and He cares."
Well, that was a LOT better than what I expected her to say! And that was coming from a place of love so I said, "Thank you," and started to turn back around.
She said that some people get insulted when they hear that but she just wanted me to know.
My question is if she says that to everyone? Did she just have a powerful vision and really see how much the Lord loves me? Did I have an upset look on my face and did she think I needed comfort?
I was not insulted. Mainly I was just relieved that she wasn't telling me that I had bird poop on the back of my shirt, which is what my first thought was.
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment