Sunday, April 26, 2009

lovin' the single life

I have to admit it... I LOVE being single. Love it. This isn't the first time I've been single, but this is the first time I have enjoyed it so much. Usually when I am single it is because I am nursing a heartbreak and getting over some guy. Now I am doing it simply for the joy of being single. 

So what do I love about being single?

1) I get the whole bed to myself. I still just sleep on my half but I don't have anybody encroaching on that half. Nobody is snoring. Nobody is stealing the blankets. Nobody is getting up in the middle of the night and waking me. Don't get me wrong, I like a good cuddle. But I like a good sleep too!

2) There is no drama in my life. None. (deep sigh!) The only drama is because my brother gets pissy about the dishes- see it's always because of a boy! Honestly, I've never felt so at peace in my whole life. 

3) I don't have to worry about if I am paying enough attention to a significant other. I don't have to call anybody, email anybody or make sure I fit enough "quality time" with anybody into my schedule. Don't get me wrong, I haven't turned into a complete recluse or anything.  It is just the fact that nobody is going to get mad at me if I don't call them that makes me happy. 

4) I don't have to take into account other people's needs or wants when I make decisions. I can take tennis lessons. I can stay in on a Saturday night and read a book if I want. I can move to Paris. You can't just up and move to Paris when you have a boyfriend. 

5) I don't have to worry about being pregnant or getting STDs.

6) I can eat foods that make me gassy and not worry if I am tooting in my sleep.

7) I have ridiculous amounts of free time. 

8) I think the whole "no drama" thing deserves to be mentioned again. I don't have to deal with other people's moods or problems. Nobody is putting me through an emotional roller coaster. Nowadays the only time I cry is at sappy movies.

9) I don't have to worry about hurting someone's feelings. Breaking up with someone is the worst thing in the entire world. I hate the feeling of knowing I am hurting someone that I care about. It eats me up inside. Unless you have gone through it, you don't know how bad it feels, so I am not even going to try and describe it. Having been on both sides of the break up, I would say that I would take being the person who is broken up with, rather than the person who does the breaking, EVERY single time. I would much rather have the hurt and the pain and the anger of being broken up with, than the guilt and pain of hurting someone. I get all worked up even just thinking about it. And I don't have to deal with that! Yippee! Hopefully my next relationship will be "the one" and I never have to go through another break up for the rest of my life. 

10) Hope. Instead of just making do with the relationship I am currently in (like some people are doing) I have the hope that I can find someone who really in the yin to my yang. The world is full of possibilities. As I said to my sister, the best part about being single is that there is still a chance that I could meet Zac Efron and sleep with him!

I know that I will get sick of being single at some point. I think it is our connections to others that really brings meaning to our lives. And I will get lonely and just way too horny at some point. Ahhhh! But for right now, I am just basking in peace and happiness of being single. 




No comments:

Post a Comment