If I ever have a kid of my own I will be fine and I will get over it, but my general rule is that if they can't hold their head up on their own, I don't want to hold them.
So I passed on holding Amelia, my teeny tiny little niece. But I'm so glad that I went with to meet her at the hospital. I sat and talked while Kelly held her. She is quite the trooper and is putting on tons of weight- up to six pounds which is impressive since she started at 3 pounds 14 ounces. And she may get to come home soon!

We also went back to the hospital a few days later but with all the little kids. The kids (and anybody feeling kind of sick) were not allowed in the room with her, so Kelly held her up to the window for everyone to see.
Aren't they amazing? The whole thing- how we can have preemie babies and grow them on the outside world (although the inside is MUCH better!)....and how even though they can't talk, walk or anything yet, there is *something* in them that is WORKING HARD and FIGHTING. It's so awesome. Glad you met her!!!!!
ReplyDelete