Thursday, November 25, 2010

Obligatory thanksgiving post

Thanksgiving! My favorite holiday! Seriously, can you think of a better holiday? It's not religious so nobody is excluded. It doesn't involve gifts. It just involves food! Lots of glorious food!

Plus it is a day to think about what you are thankful for.

Which is the best thing EVER!

Of course, every day should be a day to think about what you are thankful for but I'm glad people are doing it at least once a year.

This year has been a bit rough with a lot of medical problems in the fam but there has still been so much to be thankful for!

1. Though she still may need to do some chemo or radiation because she had such an aggressive form of cancer, but my mom's cancer surgery went super well.

2. My nieces are off entertaining themselves and are not harassing me.

3. Amelia, my premmie niece, is eating really well and might get to come home from the hospital next week!

4. My sister-in-law is a good cook and has kicked me out of the kitchen (because she doesn't want help) so I get to chill.

5. I went on amazing vacations this year.

6. My friends make me laugh like nobody's business.

7. Giving up diet coke has been going remarkably easily.

8. Pink stuff. I don't know what "pink stuff" is but I think cool whip, cherries and pecans and pineapples are involved as well as some other ingredients. The end result is a delicious pink blob.

9. Sunshine and 60 degree days in November (in Atlanta.)

10. Baby panda bears.

11. My family and friends being there to support each other.

12. The amount of support and love that I have.

13. Salad forks. Yup. Random, little known fact about me... I love to eat all my food with salad forks.

14. Sweet tea. Did I mention I'm in the South?

No comments:

Post a Comment