Thursday, December 2, 2010

yes you can!

One person CAN make a difference. A huge difference. A night and day difference. A life and death difference. So don't feel that you can't do anything because you are just one person. Don't feel like you have to do something "huge" to make a difference.

I had someone who ruined my day today by making a stupid, unthoughtful remark. I was FUMING. I actually felt my blood pressure rise. And I understood fully the phrase "makes my blood boil." And since that person was my boss, there wasn't a whole lot I could do about it.

One person. One comment can do that.

BUT... I got off the train and stopped by my local stationary store to buy my day planner for 2011 and I had a conversation with the owner/clerk that shifted my whole mood around.

Did he do something miraculous? Did he save the world? Did he pull a woman out of a burning building? No, he sold me some paper products, but he did it with a smile and with warmth and with some chit-chat about old type-writers and it completely changed my day. Which in turn is going to completely change how I react and relate to everybody else that I encounter today.

It's a domino effect.

Just keep that in mind. We can all do our parts to make this world a better place. Even if it is just by smiling.

Side note:
I searched google images for a picture of people helping each other to put with this post and that search also brought up this...



Which I think fits in perfectly with this post because it proves my point... somewhere out there ONE person put together a group of Legos to look like the Village People which totally cracked me up and made my day better. It's the simple things that we can do.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good post to start my day. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete