Friday, November 12, 2010

ailments

You know how people get old and all they talk about are their ailments and their last bowel movement?

I feel like this blog is heading in that direction.

Not about me. I am doing great.

But my family is falling to pieces!

I won't even run down everything that is wrong with people. The most serious being my brother's preemie baby that was born at 29 weeks, my two uncles who are battling very serious cancer and my mom who has surgery this Monday for her cancer.

But THEN just to top it off, I found out today that my uncle on the other side of the family had a stroke yesterday and is now paralyzed on his left side!

That poor man! His poor family!

It's been one of those months where things keep going wrong.

But, despite being paralyzed and having slurred speech, my uncle has not lost his sense of humor.

The doctor asked him, "How do you feel?"

And my uncle responded, "With my hands!"

Ba-dum-dum!

A little laughter and positive thinking and I think we are going to get through this a-okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment