I've decided that my family needs to send out random happy emails. Because now whenever I see an email from a family member, I cringe, knowing that it is going to be bad news.
The latest is that the polyp that my mom had removed from her cervix a few weeks ago, turned out to be malignant.
Awesome. Fucking awesome. This will be my mom's third go round with cancer.
They caught it early and I'm sure it will be fine. But nobody should have to deal with cancer three times in their lifetime.
I don't write for weeks and then THIS is what I choose to write about? Ugh. Sorry blog readers.
Let's think of some positive things to add to this post...
I bought a new pair of pants yesterday that fit perfectly. And show off my booty.
I get these amazing coupons from Victoria Secret so that I ended up getting 6 pairs of underwear for only $16 yesterday. Since each pair retails for $8.50 individually (which is RIDICULOUS!) that is quite a steal. And they are really cute. And have snowflakes on them. And little wooded fairy scenes and other cuteness. What can I say, if you want to feel cute you've got to start on the ground floor and work your way up.
Do you know what I'm going to go do? Go throw out my old ratty underwear. You know, the pairs that you keep just in case all your other ones are dirty but that you never, ever want anyone to see. Gone. Time to purge.
My shopping trip yesterday took me less than twenty minutes! I'm a super shopper!
I got to work on my favorite coworker yesterday and I totally helped fix her messed up shoulder!
I have a great family.
I'm in good shape. And now that it is too cold to run outside I have turned the tv towards the treadmill and have found that I can run even longer when I am distracted by a good movie.
My friends rule.
See, things aren't so bad!
I'm so sorry about your momma. Will she have a hysterectomy? I don't know how they treat cervical cancer. XOXOXOXOXOXO
ReplyDeleteYup, she is having a hysterectomy next Monday. I'll be flying out to keep her company. You've had one done, right? What's it like?
ReplyDeleteThere are different kinds- I still have my ovaries (they may take hers since it's all connected?), but uterus and cervix are gone, and mine was done (FULL BODY SHIVER!!!) vaginally. Is she nervous or okay with it? Has she received ample information on what to expect afterwards? There is a really helpful website out there: hystersisters.com, but I did have to watch what I was reading--- I mean, there are women out there who didn't have easy recoveries or what have you and I could really freak myself out by reading Too Much. But in general, it REALLY REALLY helped me get ready, and to know what to expect afterwards. If she's had major surgery before she probably already has a good idea, and she's danced with some strong ass drugs before I gather (since this is x3 with cancer?)....UGH. I wish you were closer so we could help her somehow. Who is home with her?
ReplyDeleteTerrible news Nikki - I'm very sorry to hear about your mom's newest bout. But she's beat it twice already, so she's a champion when it comes to kicking cancer right in the crotch. Fingers crossed for a quick and painless recovery.
ReplyDelete