Monday, March 8, 2010

to sleep, perchance to dream

Do you know what is nice about being an adult? Doing whatever the heck I want! You know when you are a kid and you think, "Man! I can't wait to be an adult! I can have ice cream for breakfast and do whatever I want!"

Well, we were right... it rocks! I mean, sure sometimes it is a little scary. And you have all these decisions to make and responsibilities... but all in all, it is pretty darn awesome.

I am contemplating going to bed, right about now. Yup, 8:30 PM. It was a long day. Soccer yesterday plus tennis today kicked my butt. And since I am a grown-up and get to do whatever I want, that means that I will be going to bed.

By the way, sometimes it is nice not having kids because it really means that I can do whatever I want. If I had kids I would not have nearly this much freedom. Don't get me wrong, I am crazy jealous of my friends who already have kids, but this doesn't suck either.

Anyways, what I was thinking about when I was about to go to bed so early, was how kids hate having to go to bed early and they think they are missing out on stuff. Which of course made me think of one of the best Growing Pains episodes ever where Chrissy is allowed to stay up late so that her parents can prove to her that nothing exciting happens and of course that night EVERYTHING exciting happens, like a circus coming into their living room! That was a great show.

I want to be totally against TV but I have some really fond memories of TV from childhood and I like being able to bond with my peers over it.

Enough blabbering. Goodnight my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment