Friday, March 19, 2010

compliments

I'm really bad at receiving compliments. I never know what to say and I usually just try to dismiss them. I am working on taking my best friend's advice and learning to just smile and say, "Thank you."

I received a really nice compliment this week. My friend Kevin brought his four-year-old son Alex with him to our volleyball games on Wednesday. Kevin and I live close to each other so we walk home together after the games. So Kevin and Alex and I were walking and I said goodnight and turned down the block towards my house.

After I left, Alex apparently turned to Kevin and said, "Oh Daddy, Nikki sure is beautiful."

How sweet is that?!

It might by my favorite compliment ever- especially because unlike guys my own age, I know that he wasn't saying it to try and get in my pants!


1 comment: