We do what we do because we like having people like us. And so if someone doesn't like us, we get really upset.
The thing is, not everybody is going to like you. It's just not possible.
There are all sorts of techniques and personalities out there. My style isn't going to work for every body type. Nor is it going to work for stupid people who are ticklish. (Down with ticklish people!)
I had three clients yesterday. Two of which absolutely loved me and were singing my praises. The third didn't say anything negative but I don't think she was really digging the massage.
That's the way it is. The people who love you are going to come back and become regulars. The other people will go on and try a different therapist.
But it is still rough because as a massage therapist you really want to please everybody. Rationally I know I can't do it, but damn it, I wish I could!
No comments:
Post a Comment