Turns out that the answer to that one is a resounding "yes!"
And should I blog away while drinking this wine?
Another yes.
Oka,y these disicions are getinin easier and easier.
Ha! I am so not drunk. I have only had about three sips, but I decided to not fix my errors that I made in that last sentence. I'm usually a much better typer. I swear.
Speaking of swear words... what is your favorite swear word?
I've never heard my dad swear. He thinks swearing is for ignorant people and comes up with fancy four-syllable words to use when he wants to insult someone.
I might be a little too lax about swearing. I do it often. Though never at work or inappropriate places. Except for that one time. I can't help it, I get worked up when I am playing games. And so I just might have happened to call Travis's mom a bitch. I didn't MEAN it. It was all in good fun. Everyone stopped and STARED at me! And then they all burst out laughing. It is just a reminder that no matter how drunk you are in a little hotel room in France and how worked up you get played Spit, you should never, ever, ever call your boyfriend's mom a bitch. Now you know.
My French host sister loved learning American slang. She would ask me questions all the time. Usually they were sayings from rap songs and I had no idea what they meant. It was the first time I had ever heard the term "jonesing" and I was embarrassed to tell her that I had no idea what it meant. It hadn't trickled it's way down to the middle-class whites yet. Now I could tell her that I am "jonesing to get back to France." Jones-in'. How on earth would you spell that? I don't know.
Anyways, Marion's favorite American swear term was "Fuck! Shit! Fuck!" Always those three words strung together. It was actually rather cute and endearing the way she said it.
My mom had a bit of a potty mouth on her as well.
My oldest sister's name was Chestra Jo Becker. We won't go in to that. Seriously. Chestra? What were they thinking??!
Remember when you were little and your parents used to use your whole name when they yelled at you? Well, Chestra was a bit of a trouble maker. And my mom used to yell at her a lot. She used to yell, "Damn it all, Chestra Jo!"
She yelled this so much, in fact, that my other sister Chris actually thought that "Damn it all, Chestra Jo" WAS Chestra's full name!
To this day it is still my favorite swear word/term. Even when what I am cussing about has absolutely nothing to do with my wonderful sister.
Hmmmmm.... so not to go totally off subject, but this might be the first time that I have ever even mentioned my sister Chestra in this blog. I don't call her Chestra by the way. I call her "Critter." It is sad when "critter" is a step up from your actual name!
She is wonderful, but is fourteen years older than me and has lived in a different state than me for almost all of my life that I can remember. So while I call her a sister, she seems like more of an aunt. I feel closer to her kids than I do to her.
Hmmm. This wine sure is going down easy. :)
Sometimes it seems weird to me that I am the youngest of six kids. You know why? Because when you are in a family of six kids, it doesn't seem like that many. It just seems normal. And I even wish that I had more brothers and sisters. And I like having my brother and sister as my roommates (most days.)
I feel so bad for people who don't get along with their families. I feel so bad it makes me want to swear.
See how I did that? How I brought it back to the topic of swearing? I call that the ol' "loop-de-loop."
I sure am a creative speller tonight.
(big yawn!) Perhaps that it is my sign that it is time to sign off.
What's your favorite cuss word? How often do you swear? Do people swear too much?
No comments:
Post a Comment