1) I hate the little frowny face emoticon. It makes me sad when I see it so I almost never use it.
2) I'm a pretty good shot with a gun.
3) I was a vegetarian for a few years starting when I went to massage school and learned that filet mignon (my fav) is actually the cow's psoas muscle. Seriously, up until that point I had thought that cows had these extra bits of "meat" attached to them. I didn't realize that we actually ate their muscles.
4. I find the smell of popcorn really overwhelming (like I might be allergic to it, sort of makes my throat close up) and it makes me a bit nauseated. I do, however, like eating it.
5. I'm kind of glad I went to Catholic school for 10 years and learned about the Bible. Comes in very handy on Jeopardy.
6. I like people who collect things.
7. Part of me believes that I will never get married.
8. My sister and I are learning all the countries and capitals of the world as our New Year's resolution. We learn about three a week which is very reasonable.
9. I think the smell of hard boiled eggs is the most disgusting thing in the world. Followed closely by tuna fish- but just the canned stuff, real tuna is fine.
10. I was talking to one of my clients who is Jewish and lived in Israel for a bunch of years. There is mandatory military service for both the men and women. So most people do the military service when they turn 18 and then go to college when they are done. I don't want to ever be in the military but I think this is a smart idea. I think it would be greatly beneficial for people to go out and live for a few years and then go to college so that they have a better idea of what they want to do with their lives. Or, I think there should be a second college that you can go to when you are 28. I suppose there is grad school, but that's not quite the same.
11. My favorite movie is Amelie.
12. I sneeze whenever I am in really bright sunlight. It is an actual medical phenomenon called "achoo syndrome."
13. I had my first kiss when we played Spin the Bottle in sixth grade. Heehee, that sort of makes it sound like it was a school activity. Nope, it was in a boy's basement.
14. Spring is my favorite season. Though I technically like summer better, but summer is too close to fall which is too close to winter. I like spring because it is as far from winter as you can get. The days just keep getting longer and longer. The world is being born.
15. I am, at this moment, drinking green tea out of a big cappuccino mug that has Elmer Fudd on it. It was a present to my mom from one of her students. I only like to drink tea out of big mugs.
16. I hate it when people don't leave voicemails and I won't call people back if they don't.
17. I've never died in my dreams. I think it is because I read somewhere that if you die in your dreams that you will die in real life and so I always wake myself up before I die.
18. I hate folding fitted sheets.
19. When I am feeling sick I will sing and dance in front of the bathroom mirror and I swear it boosts my immune system and makes me feel better.
20. I still wish on stars and won't tell people what I wish because I think that will make it not come true.
Okay, you made #12 up, and 16 is a lie and I have the voice mail to prove it!
ReplyDeleteThe MAJORITY of the time I don't call people back. I only called you when you didn't leave a voicemail because I wanted to talk to you anyways, not because you had called me first.
ReplyDeleteAnd #12 is totally true! Runs in my family. We get it from my dad. It is always the worst coming out of church.
Achoo syndrome: A disorder characterized by nearly uncontrollable paroxysms of sneezing provoked in a reflex fashion by the sudden exposure of a dark-adapted subject to intensely bright light, usually to brilliant sunlight. The number of successive sneezes is usually 2 or 3, but can be up to about 40. The achoo syndrome is also called the photic sneeze reflex or the helio-ophthalmic outburst syndrome.
The syndrome is much more common than has been generally recognized. In one study it was found in 23% of medical students. The syndrome is one of the most frequent of all known genetic traits. It is inherited in an autosomal dominant manner, affecting males and females alike, who have a 50:50 chance of passing the achoo gene to each of their children who will have the disorder. For those affected, being in tunnels and shadows created by tall buildings and forested terrain can induce sneezing upon re-entering the bright sunlight.
I totally know about your sneezing - I meant that you made the name up. I stand corrected, apparently. But why can't other maladies have easy names like that?
ReplyDelete