Monday, January 18, 2010

trader joe's

Have you ever noticed that the workers at Trader Joe's are ridiculously happy? I mean, ridiculously happy. As well they should be seeing as how they are selling yummy food at decent prices and manage to pack into one bag an amount of food that other grocery store baggers would have to use about six bags to pack up. They've got to feel good about that.

But I wonder about them sometimes, with their bright cheerful smiles and little, happy small talk. Is it all a show? Do they have to excuse themselves from time to time and go into the back room and cuss and swear and frown? Or does working with all those other happy people wear off on them? Does it just make them happier? Does it make going to work a pleasant experience for them?

Conversely, does being around negative people bring you down? Well, duh. Sure it does. Which is why I am so sick of riding the green line. You have never seen a more miserable group of people than the individuals who ride the green line. Outside of the green line they are probably actually happy people. But on the green line everyone puts on their unhappy "don't mess with me" face. I feel my heart chakra close down every time I get on. I've got to admit, it's making me a little bit miserable.

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about you with all this negative CTA news going on. The Green Line especially. Maybe TJ's could sponsor a route or two? Pass out Joe-Joe's to passengers?

    p.s. I do think TJ's is a great place to work. Good bennies and the like. I think that's part of it. Would love to be a fly on the wall for training.

    ReplyDelete