So one of the things that I have been piss-poor about is having photos in my blog. I do think that they add something to all the other blogs I read and so in this new year I vow to add more photos. I already try to take more photos (though I still don't take nearly enough!) but I try to take at least three photos a day- of anything that strikes my fancy. What I think is interesting about taking random photos during the day is that it gives people insight into how I think. Two people can walk down the same street and notice totally different things. Sharing with you the photos that I take can give you a taste of what I notice and how I think and see the world. These are not in the order that I want but it seems like a lot of work to put them in the correct order (I promised to add photos, not to not be lazy!) so we will just have to deal with them as is.

This is one of the Tiger Woods' ads in the airport. I don't know if this was made before or after his scandal but I like to think that it was made before and now takes on lots of new meaning and irony!

This is a picture of me and my Pookie! This is my best friend Jamie who just happens to work at the art museum that I was visiting this week. She is one of those rare people that I can not see for years and then see again and it seems like we were never apart!

Christmas with the Beckers. Nothing like a little booze and euchre to celebrate Christ's birthday! On the plus side, it is precisely because we do do things like play games and maybe drink a little that our family gatherings go from being a chore to being quite fun.

This is my new Yoda doll that I got for Christmas. Every time I look at him it makes me smile. Plus he is going to fit in so nicely with the Star Wars room that I am going to make someday.

This is my nephew Beck. I don't know where the fake mustache came from but there are few things funnier than a fake mustache on a six year old.

It may seem a little irreverent but it is nice to know that we could find some smiles and laughter in the midst of the sadness of my Grandma's wake.

Ella, me and Lily at the zoo. They obviously get their awesome taste in hats from me!

I love personalized license plates in general but this one that I found on a Smart Car at Target was one of the best I have seen in a long time.

This is a little bit ridiculous.

A girl and her moose. I try to be discreet when taking pictures of other people on the El but it can be hard because there are just so many good people to take pictures of! I saw her when I was coming home after a long day. It made me smile.

Hello, Grand Canyon! I find there is something about spreading your arms open like this and taking a deep breath that really opens up your mind and soul so that you can appreciate where you are.

These are from a book that we have floating around in the break room at work. I believe the book is called "What your pets do while you're at work." Very random. But kind of funny.

Anyways, that is my story. Expect lots more pictures to come during the coming year. Maybe not quite as random as this. Then again, maybe just as random as this.
No comments:
Post a Comment