#5- get Lasik eye surgery
Done and done. One of the best things I have ever done. It's true though, I do sort of take my awesome 20/20 vision for granted now.
#24- hang out with Ellen Degeneres
I went and saw her at the Chicago Theater. We were together in the same building- does that count as hanging out? Okay, not really. I will keep this one on the list.
#25- floss at least four times a week (cuz let's be realistic, it's not gonna happen daily)
I am pretty darn good at this!
#31- beat Dakota's top score on Scramble (this is actually attainable, I realize that beating June will never happen)
Ah, that was a good day.
#37- forgive my ex-boyfriend
Okay, I am still working on this but have made tremendous progress.
#38- see my Pookie at least once a year
Just saw her last week! And it was wonderful so I plan on definitely continuing!
#43- start a blog
Well, duh.
#44- keep writing my pen pals until I am old and gray
So far, so good.
#46- get a (consistent) killer serve in volleyball
Okay, so it may not be "killer" but it is consistent which is amazing since I used to be an AWFUL server and now it is totally a piece of cake.
#59- overcome my fears (of drowning, being smashed on the coral or being eaten by a shark) and learn to surf
So I learned to surf in Lake Michigan where I did not have to worry about sharks or coral but the point is that I learned to surf!
#73- forgive myself for all the stupid things that I have done/mistakes that I have made
Again, maybe not completely there but have made lots of progress.
#78- write my grandma a letter every month
I don't keep track of exact days but we have a good pretty steady communication going.
#79- get rid of half my possessions
Not half, but many, many bags and boxes full were given to good will this year!
#82- learn to do a really cool magic trick that I can impress drunk people with when I'm out at the bars
I know a sweet card trick now! And a sweet coloring book trick- which really impresses three and four year olds!
I thought that "riding first class in an airplane" was on that list. It had been on one of my lists at some point. I finally did that this year. And it was great. I highly recommend it. Did you know that you get to check two bags for free? And that they come out first at baggage claim? And even if you aren't served a meal that you still get sun chips and Twix and bananas? First class rocks. I have been spoiled.
So the list of things I have done really isn't that impressive. What I am more impressed with is the mental and emotional growth that I've done. That's a lot harder to check off on a list. How do you quantify something like "be happier" or "be more at peace"? I can't give you concrete evidence, but I am in a better place now than I was a year ago and that, my friends, is a very good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment