Wednesday, January 20, 2010

mailboxes

One of the things that I found a little bit sad about cleaning out my inbox, that still had years' worth of emails in it, and sorting them into either individual mailboxes or the trash, is the number of people that I have emails from in my inbox or in mailboxes that I haven't talked to in years.

And I'm not just talking random acquaintances, I am talking about people that I used to hang out with multiple times a week and whom I've just lost touch with/ stopped being friends with.

I counted up my mailboxes and there were a lot. I am tempted to write an email to every single person that I have a mailbox for. That would be sixty-nine emails. Hmmm, maybe a mass mailing would work better! Of course, there would be a lot of really random emails in there- many ex-boyfriends, the random guy I met on the plane in Greece, old clients and, of course, family.

Though it would be nice to talk to some of them, it's probably better to just let sleeping dogs lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment