What is it about a movie that makes it rewatchable? We all have our favorites that we have seen time and time again. And movies that you couldn't make us watch again if you paid us. So what is it?
For some it is because the story moves us. For others because the lines are so funny that they make us laugh, no matter how many times we've heard them. Sometimes it is because we have a crush on an actor or actress. And then sometimes there is a movie that is just so beautiful that you need to see it over and over again, like looking at a painting. Each time you discover something new, another layer.
Inglourious Basterds does all of that. Quentin Tarantino is a genius. I like George Lucas's films, but I'm not going to say that man is a genius. Quentin (is it alright if I call you Quentin? Good.) is a genius. Does he just choose unbelievably good actors? Or is it his directing that brings out the best in the actors? Or is he completely hands off and just lets his actors act? I'd love to see him in action. Whereas, George Lucas (sorry, don't know why I am picking on him) can take amazing actors (like Natalie Portman) and turn them into bumbling idiots (albeit with really cool hairdos.)
If I made movies they would be like Quentin's. But with less gore. Kind of makes you wonder what kind of sick and twisted guy he is. Fine line between madness and genius. Very fine line.
No comments:
Post a Comment