Monday, September 14, 2009

dreaming en francais

Can I tell you the coolest thing? I've been dreaming in French the last couple of nights.

What can I compare that to? It's like a former college basketball star who is now really out of shape who goes to shoot the ball around and who nails a couple of 3-point fade-away jump shots in a row. You think to yourself, "That's right! I've still got it!"

My French skills are obviously not as good as they were when I was actually living in France but it is nice to know that I haven't lost them completely.

The first time I ever dreamed in French was when I was living in Pau, France my freshman year of college. In the dream the other people in the dream were speaking French and I was saying "Quoi? Je ne comprends pas." What? I don't understand. Still, it was in French, and it was coming from my brain, which was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment