Monday, August 10, 2009

seventh grade

Like I said, I just got back from a week with my family, which included my niece Irene. I find it difficult to remember the kids' ages and grades. So I'm a bad aunt. Sue me. I remember their approximate ages and more importantly, I remember their names.

So I was asking Irene what grade she was going into. She told me seventh. I don't think she was expecting my response. I said, "Uggh! Seventh? Good luck with that. Seventh grade is the worst grade ever."

I felt bad about saying that so later I went back to clarify, even though she had not been upset when I said that. I told her that while I was in seventh grade I didn't think it was that bad, it is just that everything keeps getting better and better as you get older. In seventh grade everyone's hormones start to go crazy and they get all moody and backstab each other. She agreed and said she could already see it happening with her friends.

I am so thankful I am not going into seventh grade. So. Very. Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment