Thursday, August 27, 2009

recipe for disaster

Um, so I was going through some of my old notebooks trying to find this scene I had written for my book a few years ago. I didn't find it, but I did find some other things that I had written and forgotten about.

Some of the things I had written were kind of funny. Some were insightful. Some were poems. Some were stories. Some were just random sentences. This one was obviously written when I was not in a happy place. I don't remember writing it but it is in my handwriting. I have to laugh when I read it because it is a little ridiculous. I don't think that was the reaction I was going for when I wrote it, but then again, I don't remember writing it, so maybe it was. Without further ado, here it is:

Recipe for Disaster

In a bowl, mix all your hopes and wishes and dreams
Whip until bright and fluffy and full of light
Now add in a boy
Mix until the love surrounds everything

Now add:
2 Tablespoons of mean
1 empty message pad from when he never called
1 cute outfit that you never wore because he never showed up
2 ounces of forgetfulness

Add a half cup of pain
1 cup of hurt

In a seperate bowl bring four gallons of tears to a boil
Slowly stir in disappointment and pride and simmer for many days
Add enough salt to cover all your wounds

Shread your old love letters
Seperate the words that were true from those that were a pack of lies

Add a dash of bitterness
Now beat until the light in your eyes fades to a dull glow
And you've got yourself a broken heart

No comments:

Post a Comment