Friday, August 21, 2009

all in the details

I think it is interesting how the little details can say a lot about a person.

Yesterday I was at Walgreens picking up my prescription when I saw a woman buying an ironing board. My sister likes to make fun of me because I don't even own an iron. And I have to admit, I like it that way. To anyone who has seen my extensive t-shirt collection, this will come as no surprise.

I also remember back to when my friend Jenny started dating her now-husband Peter. She was telling us what a great guy he was and then threw in, "And he doesn't even wear a watch!"

I've been working on writing a lot lately and I think it is important for me to remember that small details like that can say a million times more about a character (and say it better) than giving a two paragraph description about their attitudes and actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment