Monday, August 1, 2011

an ode to rice

Dear Rice,
You are now my most favorite food in the entire world. I'm not sure if I should eat you every day to honor you or never eat you again out of respect for you. Thank you for taking my cell phone, which had one foot in his murky, water-filled grave and bringing him back to life. I owe you BIG TIME!!!
xoxo- Nikki

So on Saturday morning my water bottle opened in my bag and drenched my cell phone, making it go capootsie. I had heard that putting a wet phone in a bag of uncooked rice and leaving it for twenty-four hours could bring the phone back to life as the rice absorbed all the moisture.

And it worked!!!!!

Thank the lord, because with taxes and fees it would have cost me $750 to get a new one! Which is not in the cards for me right now. I was debating between giving up a cell phone all together and getting a super cheap one for the time being.

But we took it out of the magical rice bag this morning and plugged it in and voila! It's back! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I think it in part has something to do with the magical sandwich I ate yesterday. Seriously... magical. Every single part of the sandwich blew my mind. The fresh sourdough/rye bread that Mike had just baked and then grilled in a pan with some olive oil drizzled over it. Oh my god. And the avocado and tomato that were perfectly ripe. Oh my god. The arugala that we had picked up at the farmer's market that morning. Oh my god. The fresh basil that I picked from our garden. Oh my god. The fancy parmesan cheese shaved on the top. Oh my friggin' god!

Nothing could go wrong when you have a sandwich like that. It was life changing. And when I say that nothing could go wrong... I mean that no matter what goes wrong, it isn't going to get to me because I get to eat a sandwich like that and live with a guy who can make me that sandwich again and again!

So I just want to say thank you Universe for all the abundant blessing you have bestowed on me!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, My God. That Sandwhich. I ate it through you and my day is now complete. Fan-freaking-tastic.
    I have a HUGE decision before me. What do I wish to eat for dinner tonight?
    It's such a tall order that I completely blank out. Here's the thing, too. I don't want to eat something that is just going to make me feel sorry I ate it later.
    I just don't know.

    ReplyDelete