Do you know why this sucks? Because I used to LOVE my job. And I felt sorry for all those suckers who didn't love theirs and did theirs just for the money.
Well, I don't make a lot of money, so if I don't love it, why am I doing it?
To be fair, my first and third massages today were very enjoyable. It was just the second one that sucked. Stupid lower trapezius muscle, why won't you release?!?
And even with not loving my job at the moment, my life still rocks. So I'm not complaining.
Maybe this is what I need... the motivation to go out there and devote myself to writing. When I was loving my massage job I had no motivation to do anything different. Now I do.
Perhaps this is the kick in the pants that I need.
Or maybe I need to just get back in the groove.
It's been a weird month.
C'est la vie.
Interesting perspective that maybe this is the universes way of saying "KEEP WRITING!!!" I hope you follow that.
ReplyDeleteIt's probably not the same, but I really enjoy doing hair. After doing it for MONEY for a year and becoming the dumping ground for some seriously crazy shit from my clients, I stopped loving it so much. It's much funner for me to do FOR FUN- I really enjoy it, but when I HAD to do it, and I HAD to do whoever was booked etc...it changed it up for me. Yes, maybe if you pretend that you "get" to do massages for a little while longer for money until your writing brings you income it will help?
Anyway- you ROCK! XO