This pic isn't actually from my trip, it's from about a block away from my house in Chicago but I completely fell in love with this cloud and had to share it!
This is the Biltmore Estate is Ashville, NC. It is the largest private residence in the US. Owned by the Vanderbilts. It's pretty much a castle only more comfortable with modern conveniences.
It contains my dream library! Seriously, it is straight out of Beauty & the Beast. We weren't allowed to take pics, hence the poor quality as I quickly snuck this one in. There is a chess set there that used to be owned by Napoleon.
The best part about road trips are the sunsets! This is the sunset in Kentucky which was of course way more spectacular than my phone is showing.
This is the question and answer session at the end with Orson Scott Card. He is sitting down because he had a stroke earlier this year and was pretty wiped out by the end. The girl to the left was the annoying girl in class who ALWAYS had her hand up. While I was sad to leave, I was NOT sad to get away from her.
Again, the pic doesn't do it justice but our drive took us through the Blue Ridge Mountains and there was just gorgeousness and forests all around. Blows my mind how rural most of the US is! And I hate the Chicago Skyway toll road but I have to say that it gives you a pretty striking view of the city as you enter from that direction.
LIKE!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for those!
ReplyDelete