Friday, February 25, 2011

mama mia!

Hello world.

It's been a bit of a stressful week. Or couple of weeks I guess. Work has been super busy which is great. Really. It is. I'm not complaining. Okay, I'm complaining a little bit. My body is beat to hell. I've had to ice my hands all the time. But I had a regular client today (regular to the spa but the first time I ever worked on her) and she told me that it was the best massage she ever had. Which made everything worth it.

Blah. Blah. Blah.

I am also listening to Lady Gaga at the moment. And I'm not going to defend myself. I like her. And I am going to go see her in concert on Monday. And I bought her cd yesterday to prep myself for the concert. Cuz honestly, I don't know that many of her songs.

The bad news, and really the thing that is stressing me out, is that my mom is NOT doing well. The chemo and radiation is really hard on her body. She has dropped 40 pounds this year. Though that was mostly from the diet she was forced to be on- not from the cancer. Still, that's crazy. She didn't have 40 pounds to lose.

And then last week she was having issues with her left side shaking. At first they were worried that she was having a "mini stroke" but then they determined that there was a blockage in her carotid artery. So they did surgery, sorry, not technically surgery, they did "a procedure" today where they went into her fucking vein in her groin and then wound their way up to her neck so they could a stent in to open the blockage. It was 70% blocked!

Well, they did the procedure and found out that it was NOT 70% blocked. It was only 50% blocked. Which still sounds like a lot to me but apparently is not enough to warrant putting the stent in. So they didn't. It also means that this was NOT the problem that was causing her shaking and light headedness. So they still need to find the cause.

But the EKG this morning showed that she has another clot on her heart. So she is now on blood thinner medicine. And they don't know what is going to happen with the chemo and radiation and whether they will be continuing it now or taking a break.

So yeah, it's a big suck fest.

And I sort of am annoyed at my friends. If this was happening to one of my friend's moms I would be making a much bigger effort to be there for them. Just saying.

3 comments:

  1. My Poor Nikki. I am so so so sorry to hear about your mom. I feel sick just reading that. Sick with a lack of control and sick with not being able to do more for her to help. I don't think I can even eat. What can I do to help you? To help you help her? What is something that would help lighter her load a little bit? Please tell me something- it's a gift to me (us) to be able to do SOMETHING no matter how small. Please let me know.
    Love you. I am so sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, nicki. I was just sort of freakin' last night. I totally wish you lived herebecause I know what I would want you to do to help me... Give me a dye job! I just found my first gray hair!!! The horror!

    Any funny things/ web sites/ stories you find- please send my way.

    Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I just read this. I'm so sorry Pooks. My gift to you is that I'll keep letting you beat me in Words with Friends. How's that? Just for you...Love you.

    ReplyDelete