Do you think creativity is a god-given talent or something that is learned?
To be perfectly honest, I've never really thought about it. I just assumed that everyone had the same potential for creativity. But I had a client (and she's not the first person to say it) tell me this week that she is just not a creative person.
If I can contend that musical talent and athletic talent is something that you are genetically predisposed to, then why is it so hard for me to think that creativity is any different? Is creativity a gift? Can you be "creatively talented?"
The more I think about it, the more I realize that it is something separate from intelligence. Or is it? A poor, uneducated mother can come up with many creative ways to get by and entertain her family. Does it come from necessity?
I'm not particularly artistic, or driven, or motivated, etc. But I am creative. Do I have anything to do with my creativity? Did I help develop my creative side? Or did I just luck out?
And on a side note, it's really f'ing cold in here. I could come up with several creative ways to warm it up but I think I will just sit here shivering and complaining.
Monday, February 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment