Wednesday, December 29, 2010

writing

I'm so proud of myself. I finally did it! I signed up for a creative writing class. I've wanted to do this for... well, forever. I took one in high school and loved it. I was the queen of English in high school. I lived and breathed English.

Then I went to college. And I took one English course where I got completely overwhelmed and intimidated and dropped that as my potential major. A big mistake on my part. Though I can't say that I completely regretted becoming a French major. Still, I wish I had taken more English and writing classes.

However, it is never too late to correct things. I can still be a writer. I can still take writing classes.

I signed up for an eight-week beginning creative writing class. If nothing else, I hope it gets me writing more. A little kick in the pants. Hopefully it will get me writing better as well.

I will admit that I am nervous. I'm getting butterflies in my tummy just thinking about it. But that's a good thing. It has been far too long since I have pushed myself out of my comfort zone.

And I want to get away from doing massage as my sole source of income. And writing is something I love. And even though I don't really have the money to be doing this, sometimes you have to take that leap of faith and do it anyways. Sort of like how I didn't really have the money to take the myo-fascial massage certification course that I took years ago but taking it was the best massage decision I ever made and has made me a much better therapist and got me the jobs I wanted.

This could be the stepping stone to getting me on the path I want to be on. Or it could just be fun. Or it could just be a learning experience.

Either which way, I'm proud of myself for finally doing it.

Yeah me!

2 comments:

  1. I love love love love LOVE this!!!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Pooks! You will ROCK at it and have so much fun! Can't wait to read some of your stuff (if you'll let me!)!

    ReplyDelete