Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ways to tell you are really sick

Everyone loves a good "sick day" where you lounge around on the couch watching movies all day.

But when you have to call in sick to work because you are violently ill, it's the worst.

Signs that you are legitimately sick:

1. Instead of lying in bed, you sit upright. And instead of sleeping or reading your book that you are really into, you just sit and will yourself not to die.

2. You mentally start apologizing to people for not being nicer to them when they were sick.

3. You think about making a will.

4. You use your phone to call your sister who lives in the same house as you.

5. You ask your sister to go to the store for you, not once but twice, even though she has to go out in the freezing rain.

6. You hear your phone buzz saying that you have text messages but you have to take a nap to work up the energy to reach over the two feet to check it.

7. You've kept down a total of two crackers today. You know you should eat more but the thought of eating two more sounds overly ambitious.

8. The ONLY time you left your bed all day was to go to the bathroom.

9. You lose track of how many times you've puked.

10. You try to stay as perfectly still as possible so as not to get things stirred up again.


Okay, for reals! I've never in my whole life been as sick as I was this morning. I think it was food poisoning. Hope it was, because I don't want anyone else to catch this and go through what I went through! I still don't feel great but am no longer worried that I'm going to die!

1 comment:

  1. #11. you think it is perfectly rational to go get a cold pack for your body even though you have the space heater blasting.

    #12. you are super proud of yourself for managing to write a blog post!

    ReplyDelete