Gifts don't have to be big or expensive to be great. A truly great gift will show the person how well you know the person. How much you have been listening when they speak. How much you understand their secret wants and desires. A good gift isn't about getting stuff, it is about connecting with a person.
I received a great gift yesterday. My client Kristin handed me a gift bag after our massage yesterday and warned me a few times, "It's nothing big! Don't get too excited." She had gotten me a new hat and scarf. And they were perfect. The style and the color were so completely "me". She said, "They just screamed 'Nikki' to me." And they do. I couldn't have picked out a better combo for myself. And I am always cold and miserable in the winter so they are totally useful. And little did she know, but I just lost my favorite scarf last week so it was impeccable timing to get a new one. All and all, it was a mind-blowingly perfect present. Not everyone would have been super happy to get it, but it was perfect for me. That's one of the signs of a good present... if it is specifically tailored to a particular person.
And, I'll admit, it made me super excited about Christmas. I can't wait to see everyone give and receive gifts.
Gifts. Gifts. Gifts. I think those people who hate gifts, don't understand the fine skill that goes along with good gift giving.
I totally and completely agree!!!!! And I'm so happy that the Universe knew just how much you missed your scarf and provided you one that you absolutely adore. I wonder if Kristin has any idea that she got to play the role of angel deliverer? Awesome! Christmas ROCKS!
ReplyDelete