Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Goal List for 2011

My mom is in town and we were talking yesterday and she said, "So, what are you going to do with your life?"

I said, "I really don't know. Do you have any suggestions?"

She didn't.

I've been talking for years about needing change and I HAVE been making lots of changes... it just hasn't been in the major things like my job and living situation and marital status.

But she's right. It's time that I do something. Step it up. And get out of my comfort zone.

Since I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with my life, it is hard to write a list of goals. Usually I do goals that I want to achieve in my lifetime. In an effort to focus myself a bit more, I am going to make a list of goals for 2011. Some of these might be contradictory, and some of them I am not even sure I want to do (I need to feel them out.) But here we go...

Goals for 2011:

Take a writing course
Go to Paris
Move back into the city
Get engaged
Go back to Northfield for my ten-year college reunion
Eat gyro pizza in Northfield
Get out of debt
Quit my job or reduce my hours and get some other sort of new (non massage related) job
Take Tai Chi/ Qi-Gong classes
Learn sign language
Throw a Star Wars themed party
Celebrate my mom being healthy and beating cancer
Play on a soccer team
Play on a volleyball team
Fit into size 8 jeans
Take a strip-tease class
Make a video of me and my puppets
Smile every single day
Learn hypnosis
Have my family get a dog when my folks move back (this really might happen!!!)
Remain injury free and healthy in general
Learn acupuncture and Chinese medicine
Learn how to sew
Reduce my sugar and meat and alcohol intake (I've already cut out soda pop!!)
Read 50 books





3 comments:

  1. Can we add "Never say 'soda pop' again"? Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hardee har har! I would normally just say "pop" but I realized some of my readers might be "soda" people so I wanted them to feel included too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is inspires ME Ms. Nikki. I am going to do the same thing today. Yours are so inventive. . . I need to unleash my brain a bit and get the noggin outside its comfort zone first. Something more than, work, sleep, school, eat repeat, ya dig? SEE YOU TONIGHT!

    ReplyDelete