Granted, it could be because I am comparing it to the body that I had three weeks ago before I started my hardcore workout regime. Though I haven't lost much weight, I have definitely lost a couple of inches.
It just seems weird to admit that I like my body. My first thought is that it seems like a vain thing to say. But ya know what? It's not vain... it's healthy! Feminists have for years been trying to combat the negativity that we are bombarded with by the media. Teaching us to love our bodies.
Well ya know what? It's working. I love my body. I love that it does what I tell it to. I love that I can rollerblade for miles every day. I love that I can feel my muscles flexing under my skin. I love my curves. I love the softness of my skin.
Sure, I'd still like to drop some weight, mainly so I could fit back into all my pants! I currently can only fit into one pair of jeans. These are the jeans that I finally went out and bought a few months ago. I didn't want to buy them because they were size 12. But they fit. And as my sister and I were just discussing... only you ever see the size label on your clothes. So suck it up and buy clothes that actually fit you. You'll look a lot better in the 12's than trying to squeeze your ass into those 8's.
In my job we learn to treat every person and every body with "unconditional positive regard." Really it should be "unconditional love" but "positive regard" was more P.C.
I can see the beauty is everyone else's body, so why not my own? Would you ever tell your friend that her thighs were too fat? Do you not like your friend because her under arms sag?
It is time to treat yourself like you would treat your friends. Love yourself for who you are.
Sure, there are always going to be things you want to improve about yourself, but that doesn't mean that you can't love yourself for who you are right now.
***
On a side note, my blogs have been annoying lately. Well, they've been annoying me lately anyways with their chirpy optimism and promises of change and improvement and blah, blah, blah. I've got to move away from that crap. But I was really happy this morning and realized how rare that is so wanted to share.
I like chirpy optimism. No worries.
ReplyDelete