I've learned to play tennis and do some cool hula hoop moves. Which is nice. But not really something to write home about.
I've had a great time hanging out with friends- new and old. There's a lot to be said for that. It makes life worth living.
As a result of living with my sister and taking frequent long walks with her, we have bonded and gotten to know each other in a whole new way.
I've grown really comfortable being single and feel stronger. Don't get me wrong... every now and then I still throw little pity parties for myself where I dwell on the fact that I might never fall in love again. But I don't really believe that's true.
So all that is something, but not enough. It's time to step it up. I seem to be pretty good at adding things to my "to do before I die" list but I don't seem to be that good at actually crossing things off.
But that's about to change.
I'm starting by getting Lasik eye surgery. I have to start somewhere, right? I've always wanted it and the technology has improved to the point where they can fully correct my vision. It's expensive. Damn expensive, but with the payment plan and zero interest I will have it paid off in a year and a half. Not bad.
And because of deciding to get Lasik and therefore having to go get an exam, I got to dreamily gaze at an adorably cute optometrist all afternoon. See, good things happen when you decide to take control of your life!
I always thought your glasses were cute. But perfect vision sounds great!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Anonymous. Though I wonder who you are because only about four people in the entire world have ever gotten to see me in my horrible glasses!
ReplyDeleteOooh! I'm envious! Perfect vision would be great. I'm just a lttle nervous about the actual procedure otherwise I think I'd go for it (though the price tag is another intimidating factor).
ReplyDelete