Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year's!

Oh boy, Mike just got his first iphone. He's over on the other couch playing with ringtones. It's really cute to see someone play with their first iphone... remembering the joy of your own first time.

So I was thinking about NYE. I hate NYE usually. It never lives up to the hype. And this year I was going to do it right and we were going to go have a four course meal at one of my favorite restaurants. But I've felt like crap for two days and am not up to it so Mike is cooking for me here. That, of course, is one of the perks of dating an amazing chef... dinner at home is anything other than ordinary and is usually better than most restaurants. Among other things I believe that duck rilette is on the menu for tonight. Yum.

So NYE is a great time for reflections and thinking about the future. So how was 2011? It was pretty awesome. I mean, at the moment I am exhausted and feel like crap... but the majority of the year was pretty good.

I was looking at my list of goals from last year to see how many I had accomplished. This was last year's list:

Take a writing course
Go to Paris
Move back into the city
Get engaged
Go back to Northfield for my ten-year college reunion
Eat gyro pizza in Northfield

Get out of debt
Quit my job or reduce my hours and get some other sort of new (non massage related) job
Take Tai Chi/ Qi-Gong classes
Learn sign language
Throw a Star Wars themed party
Celebrate my mom being healthy and beating cancer

Play on a soccer team
Play on a volleyball team

Fit into size 8 jeans
Take a strip-tease class
Make a video of me and my puppets

Smile every single day
Learn hypnosis
Have my family get a dog when my folks move back (this really might happen!!!)
Remain injury free and healthy in general

Learn acupuncture and Chinese medicine
Learn how to sew
Reduce my sugar and meat and alcohol intake (I've already cut out soda pop!!)

Read 50 books

I accomplished only ten of them. (the ones in red) Pathetic.

Now this year I could make a list of things that I actually KNOW I could accomplish and then I could feel better about being able to knock things off my list, but screw it, go big or go home.

Goal list for 2012
- do another cleanse
- eat vegetarian 80% of the time (with Mike cooking for me it is hard to do it all the time but with the new vegan restaurant that I am in love with by my work it will help)
- go out with my friends more
- write five pages a week
- introduce Pookie to Michael
- take fencing classes
- take swing dance lessons
- keep our bonsai tree alive
- get a new high score in Yahtzee (beat 640)
- learn how to use adobe photoshop
- get engaged/married
- take at least two yoga classes a week
- get down to a size 8
- visit a new city and hopefully state and extra hopefully country
- get a dog
- move into a new apartment
- go to Paris
- work harder/ care more about my appearance
- read two non-fiction books for every fiction book I read
- celebrate New Year's Eve 2012
- clear out my parent's attic
- drink less alcohol
- visit Sara's apartment (it's so weird to me that I have a super good friend whose apartment I have never seen)
- have more people over to my apartment
- do High Tea more
- win our volleyball league again
- work on my vertical jump and gain at least six inches
- stop procrastinating
- finish my to-do lists
- vacuum more
- do ten push-ups a day minimum
- work on keeping a positive outlook
- be a positive influence- make the people around me happy and see the best in them
- show my good side to everyone- I typically reserve it for the people who I feel are worthy or that I feel safe around but if I was my "best friend" self to everyone, I think it would dramatically change my relationships
- have more self-confidence in my writing
- enter at least four writing contests
- rock on!


No comments:

Post a Comment