Tuesday, January 10, 2012

saving money

Do you know what I hate? When you read advice for saving money that's really stupid. Or improbable.

My least favorite one is when people (my financial planner actually said this one to me) say "You know, kicking the Starbucks habit can save you tons on money. Those couple of dollars that you spend every morning on your cup of coffee can really add up. Try making your coffee at home instead."

That's great advice. Except that I don't drink coffee. I have a hard time forking over $4 at the Jewel for a box of tea that I make myself at home, I'm not about to be paying $3 every morning for a cup of it at Starbucks.

It's not the advice so much that bothers me, it's how proud the people who give it to me are- as if that were the solution to all my money woes!

Like the advice that says that I can rent a designer purse instead of buying one. Anyone who has ever met me (seen my wardrobe) will know why I find that piece of advice amusing.

I don't know why I am ranting about this today. I'm not struggling with my finances at the moment, there are just lots of articles out there that I keep running across.

Anyways, enough about that.

I'm finally getting some decent writing done. Go me! But for every 45 minutes of writing, there has got to be a 15 minute internet break, right?

Alright, alright, I'll go back to my writing.

Hope today is going well for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment