Sunday, November 27, 2011

master cleanse

Oh boy, tomorrow is the big day! It's day one of my cleanse.

Mike is doing it with me. I've been thinking that it will be a lot harder for him than for me, but who knows. Everyone's body reacts differently.

We are doing The Master Cleanse where you basically go on a diet of one drink- a mixture of maple syrup, cayenne pepper, lemon juice and water for ten days. There are also some teas and water that you take but all of your nutrition comes from the drink.

I've been weaning myself off of alcohol, caffeine and food for the last few days- eating only fruits, veggies and water. I feel kind of good, I must admit. My intestinal discomfort that I have been having whenever I eat meat is gone, because, well, duh, I haven't been eating meat.

This will be an adventure. It's funny because the people who are against people doing this cleanse are often the ones who would see nothing wrong with feeding children fast food. The people I know who have done this (and being a hippy massage therapist, I know a lot) are some of the healthiest and happiest people I know.

So I'm a little nervous but also excited to see how it goes. Ten days. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. How's it going?! Nothin' like a good cleanse! Enjoy! 10 days you say? I'm interested in how Mike will do. Good luck to you both!

    ReplyDelete