Tuesday, December 1, 2009

stealing joy

What's that you say? Nikki is a big slacker who can't be bothered to update her blog? Yes, yes, I know.

To be fair, for the last few days I was without a computer down in Atlanta (and my phone doesn't let me update my blog for some reason.) Of course, that only accounts for Thursday through Saturday- what is my excuse for the rest of the time?

Atlanta was great. As always, it is such a trip to see my brother Mike being a father. What is even more amazing is how wonderful his girls are turning out! Let's not kid ourselves though, that has a lot more to do with his wife Kelly than with him! At first I was a little surprised at how strict they were with their kids. Toys must be returned to their proper spots right after playing with them and stuff like that. Now though, I am just impressed. They have two of the sweetest and well-behaved little girls I have ever seen. Not that they don't have their moments- they are three and four years old after all! But in general they are angels.

Ella got upset while they were playing Memory Match and kicked some of the cards. Mike called her over to tell her how that's not how we behave and to scold her for "stealing Lily's joy."

What was that, Mike? Stealing Lily's joy?!? I informed Mike that he stole a LOT of my joy growing up. He laughed but said that it works. For some reason that is a concept that his daughters understand. For the rest of the trip, whenever someone did something annoying, we informed them that they were stealing our joy. Please don't steal my joy. Or better yet, could you bring me another glass of wine? It would bring me great joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment