Here is a dilemma that none of my married friends have to worry about... at what point do you reveal a relationship on Facebook?
When do you switch your profile from saying "Single" to "It's complicated" or "In a relationship"?
I've decided that there is a proper time to do this, which I will get to in a moment.
I have been dating a boy for a few months and he is my boyfriend. It's not complicated, in fact, it is quite simple. He. Is. My. Boyfriend.
He was showing his parents my facebook page just to show them a few photos of me or whatever and they were making fun of him that it still says I am single. I responded that it does NOT say that I am single, it simply does not give a relationship status. I also responded that his profile doesn't say that he is in a relationship.
He responded that he would update his status if I updated mine. I said no way.
The next time I update my relationship status on Facebook will be when I get married. Not before that. Nope. Not when I get engaged. Not when I am living with someone. It will be when I am married. If then.
Mainly because I don't ever want to have to change it back to single if it doesn't work out. That's the biggest reason.
And part of me just likes the privacy.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment