I know these things. But apparently tonight I didn't care. I never play games on my cell phone but tonight I decided to play Mine Sweeper. And I wasn't even playing it very well. My fingers kept hitting the wrong squares and ruining the game. But I was in my own little world because I felt safe because I was tucked away on the last seat of the train, not by a door. I'm more careful when I'm by a door.
Yup.
The signal sounded that the doors were closing and BAM! the guy across the aisle jumps up, snatches the phone from my hand and races out the door!
It happened SOOOOO fast! I have to give him that.
In fact, it took me a split second to realize what had happened and by that time he was already out on the platform and running.
I did contemplate running after him for a split second but who are we kidding? Besides, I don't want to be running in that neighborhood!
Really all I had time to do was yell after him, "You asshole!" More surprised than angry.
It made me feel a little better. I would have felt much better if I had been able to yell out "I curse you!"
Of course, every person on the train turns to stare at me.
"That dude stole my phone," I felt the need to explain.
I got a few "awwws" and sympathetic looks but there wasn't much they could do.
At least he didn't get my wallet. At least I didn't get hurt. And at least I dropped my phone two weeks ago and cracked the upper right corner of the screen. Suck on that, jerk!
I debated stopping to tell the train official what had happened but decided instead to race home and deactivate my phone account and change all my passwords.
Thankfully I had erased all the dirty photos off my phone a few days ago! :)
So I don't think there is any way they can really harm me by having my phone now- can they?!?
And I am going to buy the new iphone that I wanted on Saturday.
It just makes me mad. Mostly at myself for being such a dumb suburban girl when really I know better!
Sucks Nikki. Big time.
ReplyDelete