Thursday, December 17, 2009

Vegas baby, Vegas!

Just got back from Vegas. The perfect trip. The perfect amount of time.

I think the secret to going to Vegas is to not stay in Vegas. By that I mean you need to take a trip out into the desert to see Red Rock or go to the Hoover Dam or like I just did, trek all the way down to the Grand Canyon.

The thing about the Grand Canyon that I found amazing is that it isn't in the middle of the desert which is how I remembered it. That's what it looks like, right? No, to get there you need to go through this beautiful mountainous forest.

Words and pictures don't do the Grand Canyon justice. So I won't even try. I will just mention that I had to close my eyes a few times- I couldn't handle watching the Japenese tourists who were getting soooooo close to the snow covered ledge!

Vegas itself was a good time. Broke even or there abouts. I consider breaking even to be equal to winning. Since I go there expecting to lose a couple of hundred dollars!

We gambled, we shopped, we walked, and walked, and walked and then had to sprint back to the Luxor to see the Louie Anderson show that we had bought tickets for. Do you remember Louie Anderson? A fat, blond comic who apparently hails from St. Paul (hence why we had to see him- he's from Minnesota!!!) The did a montage of footage of him from over the years before the show started. He was on Perfect Strangers. I didn't remember that. Anyways, it was one of the saddest things I have ever seen. He was just sort of bitter and sad and not that funny. He yelled at the audience for being uptight and not laughing enough. Just give us something to laugh at, buddy! You just sort of had the feeling that he gets up there and looks out at the audience and thinks, "Dear God, I can't believe this is my life." And not in a good way.

So that was a little disappointing.

But all in all the trip was fantastic.

My favorite part about Vegas is that they have slot machines in the airport! What better way to kill some time as you wait for your flight!?! And we ended up winning back some of our money. Always good to go out on a high note.

So yeah, three days. Perfect amount of time. Not enough time to get sick of it. Not enough time to do EVERYTHING that you wanted, which gives you a reason to look forward to going back.

Next time we WILL be doing the human chicken fights. No doubts about it. That's right, human chicken fights. Two people put on chicken outfits and tie balloons to their ankles and the other person has to try and pop the balloons! I'm thinking this idea has Kegs 'n Carnies written all over it!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great trip! Hurray for mini-vacations!

    I love the Human Chicken Fights idea! At first, I thought you meant the kind where a person sits on another's shoulders (typically in a swimming pool) and tries to knock someone else off. I was thinking, "Um, that seems kind of risky and not-so-fun." What you described though sounds like lots of fun!

    Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete