Mike and I took a little roadtrip this past weekend. Perhaps if we had thought it out, we would have decided it was a bad idea, but we didn't and I'm glad we went.
Mike worked a double on Friday night and then we got up early Saturday so we could drive more than 8 hours to Odessa, Missouri for our friend's wedding reception. We got there just in time for it and then we drank and danced all night and got up the next morning to drive the 8+ hours back home and then Mike had to work a double on Monday. Ouch!
On the way home Mike let me stop at the Pink Elephant Antique Mall. I've driven by this place a bunch of times whenever we go to St. Louis and I've always wanted to go in but there is "never time to stop" when I'm with my family but luckily Mike is all about having little adventures and let us stop to check it out.
The wedding itself was lovely. On a small farm.
I absolutely adore weddings.
They're so hopeful.
I absolutely adore weddings.
They're so hopeful.
But the best part was getting to sit around a huge fire and stare up at tons of stars!
Oh the stars!
Chicago is awesome in many way but you can only see about 10 stars at night and that's on a good night!
We were originally supposed to camp out at the farm that night but I freaked out when I read the expected overnight temperature was going to drop to 37 degrees! So I booked us into a hotel room instead. Mike was a little disappointed at first but the king size bed and two person whirlpool in our room helped him get over it!
I've always thought of myself as a city girl but I've got to say, the country is
calling to me more and more lately. I wouldn't be surprised if I moved out there even before my program is finished.

No comments:
Post a Comment