Monday, January 21, 2013

husband of the year

Alrighty, time to blog again. Wait a sec... it is 9:39 PM? Why the hell isn't my husband home? Oh well. Hopefully he is out making business deals that will land him a new brewery. Probably, however, he is just out drinking with his friends.

But you know what? That is okay. Because you know what? I have the best husband EVER!

Seriously, you know when you are younger and you think you want to be married and it will be great? And then you get older and you realize how messed up people are and you lower your expectations?


Well, being married (to Mike at least) is super friggin' awesome! It's the best thing ever. Of course, he is going for "husband of the year" award or something. He came out to OP and did game night with my family on Saturday night and the only thing he grumbled about at all was the bed. The bed hurts his back. I DID give him a massage the next morning to make up for it - in case you think he is an angel and I am just a jerk. 

Anyways, game night was a blast. My sister is an adorable host and came up with lots of cute ideas...

This is Mike playing Guesstures...


My sister had all sorts of snacks, including a "twister board" made of macaroons.


My cousin Des and her boyfriend Andy played a game (sort of like Password) that my sister made up.


And of course we played Telestrations which is our new favorite game EVER!


My sister had all sorts of cute signage up, which I will of course steal if I ever have a game night at my house.



But back to the whole marriage thing... you can tell me that it is because we have only been married six months, but it is great.  Really, really great. When I was little and still had these naive dreams about getting married, I never even thought it would be this great.

Hey, guess what, not to totally change the subject or anything, but I can totally see the Hancock building out my window. I never realized that during the day time but at night it is all lit up and I can see it. Learn something new every darn day.

I've had two glasses of wine tonight, and since I have not been drinking very much at all lately, my tolerance must have gone down because I feel very "happy" off of two glasses of wine.

Did you know that some people edit their blog posts? As you can tell, I don't do that. I get drunk and I ramble, and if you don't like it, well, you should send my five dollars. Huh? That's right, you should send me five dollars, and I will put that towards writing classes and eventually I will write better blog entries. But until then, shut the heck up. Cuz at least I'm writing.



So, going back to the photos above. Do you know what is fun? Hipstomatic. Which is an app I use on my iphone to take artsy looking photos. Same sort of thing as Instagram. Anywho... I was walking along the other day and I had my phone out and Hipstomatic up and thus was sort of looking at the world (via my phone) through Hipstomatic and it makes the world look really nice. I guess you could say they are my "rose colored glasses" but there was an article about hotels the other day where they showed pictures from the website versus pictures from real people that went there and basically what I got out of the article is that there are some amazing photographers out there who can make even a dump look inviting. And so basically two people can look at the same thing and see two totally different things.

Looking at things with a "photographer's eye" is fun. The other day it was super cold and I was waiting for the bus. Which is sort of a miserable experience. But then I saw this sign, and took a picture using Hipstomatic. Now my wait for the bus looks "artsy" instead of "miserable." See how this app is changing my life?


Or take a look at the bloody marys we made at brunch a few weeks ago. One picture is from my regular iphone camera and the other is from Hipstomatic. Both are awesome, mind you, but the one on top says "party" way more than the other one.

Did I mention that my husband is awesome? And a chef? Marry a chef! A retired chef. That is the best advice I can give young girls out there. He made me "grilled cheese" last night because that is what I asked for. And really he made me an open faced crostini with gouda and blue cheese (cuz that is what we had in the house) and he told me there was a surprise and it turned out there was also a slice of potato under the cheese but on top of the bread.

Okay, enough rambling for one evening. I posted my weekly blog update. Time for bed. Good night all!

1 comment:

  1. I have missed reading your blog, and so glad I caught this entry. I'm with you, dude; being married is the best. And just so you know, you inspire me (still) to write (which I struggle with) and not edit and just let the words be what they are in the moment. Life isn't edited, after all. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete