Alrighty, time for those New Year's resolutions. I enjoy New Year's resolutions. Because really it is just a time to focus on what you want in your life. What's so bad about that? I do it year round, but it is nice to have set dates as well to mark your progress.
First of all, let's review last year's resolutions... the ones in red are the ones I accomplished, the blue are my comments about them
Goal list for 2012
- do another cleanse
- eat vegetarian 80% of the time (with Mike cooking for me it is hard to do it all the time but with the new vegan restaurant that I am in love with by my work it will help) ha! this didn't happen at ALL!
- go out with my friends more about the same amount
- write five pages a week nope
- introduce Pookie to Michael yay! they finally met at the wedding weekend
- take fencing classes they were so much harder than I expected!
- take swing dance lessons
- keep our bonsai tree alive I was kidding when I wrote this one, but that bad boy totally DIED again!
- get a new high score in Yahtzee (beat 640)
- learn how to use adobe photoshop though I did learn how to use it a tiny bit, I am nowhere as efficient as I hoped to be
- get engaged/married
- take at least two yoga classes a week I still just took the one
- get down to a size 8 ha!
- visit a new city and hopefully state and extra hopefully country hello belgium! no new states though
- get a dog
- move into a new apartment
- go to Paris and it was wonderful!
- work harder/ care more about my appearance I did wear more dresses but still could use some more effort
- read two non-fiction books for every fiction book I read
- celebrate New Year's Eve 2012 celebrating it by bowling with my family is STILL celebrating it!
- clear out my parent's attic I cleaned it, but did not clear it out
- drink less alcohol
- visit Sara's apartment (it's so weird to me that I have a super good friend whose apartment I have never seen)
- have more people over to my apartment I think I had people over once!
- do High Tea more not a single time. :(
- win our volleyball league again out of the two seasons we won once and got destroyed once
- work on my vertical jump and gain at least six inches I worked on this for like a month and then lost it
- stop procrastinating
- finish my to-do lists
- vacuum more
- do ten push-ups a day minimum
- work on keeping a positive outlook
- be a positive influence- make the people around me happy and see the best in them
- show my good side to everyone- I typically reserve it for the people who I feel are worthy or that I feel safe around but if I was my "best friend" self to everyone, I think it would dramatically change my relationships
- have more self-confidence in my writing
- enter at least four writing contests
- rock on!
Well, I didn't accomplish that many, but the ones that I did accomplish were pretty huge- like getting married! It seems I have problems doing the every day ones.
New Year's Resolutions for 2013
- move into a new apartment
- get pregnant/have a baby
- get a dog
- get a new bed
- vacuum once a week
- take two yoga classes a week
- pay my taxes on time
- don't use my credit cards at all
- write more thoughtful letters/ emails
- drink less alcohol
- drink less caffeine
- learn sign language
- take a yoga class with mike
- take a hot yoga class
- take a laughing yoga class
- take more shiatsu classes
- have people over to my apartment at least five times
- redo my bedroom in my parents' house
- finish my "vision map" collage
- see pookie
- finish writing a novel
- submit three short stories
- have a Star Wars themed party
- have a super hero themed party
- have a game night with my cousin Desara
- hire Desara to teach me how to do cool things with my hair
- go to Mike's restaurant/ brewery's grand opening (fingers crossed!)
- go to Grace restaurant
- go to Next restaurant
- be nicer to my coworkers- especially when they mess up
- talk to people in my yoga class more
- take pilates
- see my friends more
- say yes more- to invitations, etc
- be nicer to my sister Sam
- keep in touch with my siblings more, maybe even (gack!) CALL them occasionally
- write more
- stop making vague resolutions like "write more" which could mean anything
- 10 push ups a day minimum
- keep my email inbox to under 100 emails
- read my French word of the day emails
- get rid of all my clothes that no longer fit or that I haven't worn in more than four years
- volunteer once a month
- continue playing vball
- blog once a week
- post something on Facebook once a week
- hang out with Katy/Kelly/Emily twice this year
- send more birthday cards/ greetings/ emails- especially when I notice them on Facebook, but especially to family members
- take a Qi Gong class
- learn ventriloquism
- make a 2012 photo "yearbook"
- buy a car
- read 25 books
- go to Trivia night at least twice
- write my penpals at least once a month
- stop using the words "so", "very", "like" and "really" as often as I do
- forgive myself for the mistakes I have made
- doing hypnosis again
- go to a gong cleansing
- send out Christmas cards
That's all I got for right now. Happy new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment