What is the craziest thing you have seen this week?
On Thursday morning Mike and I were waiting for the bus together- something we rarely get to do since our schedules are so different. We were just hanging out on the corner when all of a sudden we heard brakes slamming and then tires peeling out and we could literally SMELL burnt rubber. It's NOT just an expression. We looked up to see a car dodging out from behind a car (that had stopped for the red light) and zoom into the oncoming traffic lane as it rounded the corner on two wheels.
Was he drunk? At 9 AM??? Was he crazy? No! He was being chased by the police. In the next two minutes we saw not one, not two, but thirteen police cars come chasing after them with lights blazing and sirens blaring. Traffic came to a stand still.
My adrenaline was pumping so hard. I can only imagine how those actually in the chase must have felt!
What was it like? It was like the beginning chase scene in Goonies.
watch goonies chase scene here!
But then, just like in Goonies, the cops lost them! With all the different angle streets in the neighborhood the car somehow got away. Suddenly the cops were slowly prowling the streets with their lights off checking to see where the car could have gone.
It was one of those things that you had to see to believe. It was surreal, like being in a movie.
I saw a police man sitting in his car yesterday and I asked him if they caught the guy yesterday. He said, "What guy?" and I said, "The one in the thirteen car high speed chase!" and he said, "Oh yeah, they got him over in 19 (a different police district)."
Glad to know they got him!
Saturday, January 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment