Friday, September 16, 2011

Yes, Michigan! The feeling's forever!

Hi again! It's been awhile. Just got back from vacation. Which was perfect. We went up to New Buffalo, Michigan which is a touristy little resort town on Lake Michigan. Not a lot going on there and NOTHING going on there in the winter. But our hotel room had a big ol' jacuzzi tub and a fireplace and a view of the lake, not to mention the most fabulous robes I've ever put on. I'm not a big robe wearer, but apparently that's because all I've ever worn before were crappy robes.

These robes make you feel like royalty. We looked them up when we got home-- they are $175 a piece! Insane!

Our first day there happened to be in the 80s which was perfect, warm enough that we even braved going swimming in Lake Michigan. It's so much cleaner on that side of the lake! We splashed around for a few hours and had a gay ol' time.

Thankfully we did that the first day because the second day was 70 (and then dropped a little in the afternoon) and a bit overcast. Bad beach weather but perfect for wine tasting!

And I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the wine in Michigan- both red and white. Not the best wine in the world. But definitely drinkable. Enjoyable even. And we got to go from winery to winery on a luxury mini bus so we didn't even have to worry about driving drunk or getting lost. And we now actually have a full wine rack! I don't remember the last time that happened.

I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things. My mind is still on vacation. But I'm a happy camper. It was a perfect little getaway that was less than two hours away.


No comments:

Post a Comment