Tuesday, September 27, 2011

random thoughts for the night

What do I want to be when I grow up? A famous writer. I want to be someone who is quoted. I love quotes. I spent a little too much time today looking at quotes.

As a random side note: quote is a verb and quotation is the noun so really what I should be saying is that I love quotations but since it is socially acceptable to say quotes instead, I will do that, but I do still feel slightly bad about it.

Anywho, the best quotes are ones that make you think.

"There is no harder thing to give up than the thing that was supposed to make you happy." -Robert Brault

So true. Whether it be a relationship or a career.

We are all so scared of change. I'm including myself in that "we" even though I try not to do it. It is just human nature.

---

Not to completely change the subject but we live in such a weird paradox. On the one hand, we are part of this giant cosmos and live for such a short little blip of time that we can say, "Our problems don't matter at all in the grand scheme of things, so don't worry about them." Yet on the other hand, that special moment you had today where you looked at something beautiful and thought, "This moment is truly a gift" did matter. That is what makes life matter.

So which is it? What matters?

Does it matter what matters?

---

By the way, I often hate blog posts like this where the writer seems like they are trying to be all deep and are tackling life's serious questions. I'm not. Just rambling about the thoughts popping into my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment