Sunday, May 1, 2011

happy things

The sun is smiling. Spring is in the air. So let's talk about things that have made me happy in the last few weeks...

Construction has begun on my house! The contractor is coming in today but my brother and his awesome friends (not sure what he bribed them with, maybe just the ability to use awesome power tools and destroy stuff) took down all the cabinets in our kitchen this weekend. Which is fun. Fun to see the old border from the 50s that was hidden behind the cabinets and the old linoleum that was covered up. It's like excavating.

What else is fun is that I didn't have to help! I helped clear everything out of the kitchen but did not have to help with the actual destruction of it.


And soon (well, in a few months) we will have a sparkly, happy new kitchen! Yippee!



And then when I visited Mike at work I got to rock out on the drum set. His break room is soooo much cooler than my break room. And no, I can not play the drums but that does not stop me from enjoying myself.




Hi, happy flowers!!


Hi, random giant stuffed animal on someone's front lawn!



Hi, awesome zippered pocket on the side of the woman's hat!




And hi, adorable child on the el. I complain a lot about the el. Mostly about the crazies. But you see some adorable stuff on there too.


No comments:

Post a Comment