Tuesday, November 3, 2009

new bedroom



I am pretty much done with my bedroom. It didn't turn out quite like I had imagined- but then again, I didn't have the $3000 I wanted to do exactly what I had planned. This is more "design on a dime" style. I still like it a lot better than my old bedroom.

Here are a few of the pics of my old room- I had to scrounge around until I found some.


This is Bubba, notice all the clutter and tons of colors that are taking over the background.

This was about half way through changing my bedroom when I had the new wall color but still had the old bedding. That comforter is from Crate & Barrel back in the 70s! They built stuff to last back then!

Starting to clear stuff out of the room but still a lot going on. Since this used to be the spare bedroom there was just a lot of crap in there- like all the old VHS tapes! Did you know that Vanna White was in a movie??




And here are some of the pics of my new room. Still needs a few finishing touches (a chair would be nice) but it is mainly done.


The view from the hallway.





My vanity. And a dresser so that my clothes aren't just sitting around in piles. There's a thought!



They say that you should have equal things on both sides of the bed and by doing that you are creating space for a partner to come into your life. The left side of the bed used to just be up against the wall. No room for anyone. Now there is lots of space. We'll see...




4 comments:

  1. It was hard to notice the clutter in the first picture because Bubba's shorts were too distracting. What is he wearing? Does he read this? Bubba, if you're out there, please tell me you don't wear those shorts anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!

    Bubba does not read this, so I will explain. Bubba likes to change up his facial hair a lot. At this point he had this total Chicago Cop mustache which was pretty hilarious but he looked like a total douche. So he decided to take it up a notch and wear some short shorts like the cop on Reno 911, so those are actually my shorts which sadly Bubba can fit into and looks better in than I do! He only wore them for a minute! But long enough for me to snap a picture! I'm sure he'd LOVE to know that I posted one of those pics on my blog! That's what he gets for not reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. The room is befitting of some classy evenings at home, m'lady. Very pretty. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete