Wednesday, November 11, 2009

fonts

Aye carumba!

It's fun to try to spell words for the first time. Things that you say all the time but never write. Like "aye carumba!"

I was discussing Facebook with my mom last night. She made the comment that status updates, as with any written communication, can be taken the wrong way because you don't know the tone and inflection that they are written in.

I said that emoticons have really helped with that problem. But she still wasn't having any of it.

And so I came up with a brilliant (if I do say so myself) solution. We should have different fonts that everyone agrees upon for different emotions. Most importantly I think there should be a "sarcasm" font. When you see anything written in this font, you know that the writer means for it to be taken sarcastically.

But you could have all sorts of different fonts: sarcasm, anger, sadness, irony, happy, bored, normal. It would really help cut down on miscommunications.

1 comment:

  1. For the last five years, Dave and I have been using italics for sarcasm when we email one another. How's that?

    ReplyDelete